Recent News: SPEAKING Enquiry
NOTE: If a PDF file you try to access appears blank, use <BACK then FORWARD> browser keys to display it, or copy PDF file and then display it!
►Kostic Visited King Faisal University in Saudi Arabia
►SEE - Society Energy and Environment: The “Zeroth Religion” for Everybody! [
EPESE'09-an invited Plenary Lecture)
►Energy Is Everything - Literally: Fundamentals and Future Challenges (PDF Handout & Feedback),New Ideas in Science - Alternative Energy Conference, Northern Illinois University, March 16, 2009.(*)(PPT*U&*-*)
►Plenary Lecture: Kostic, M., Heat Transfer, Thermal Energy and Entropy - Demystified (Related Reference&PPT), HMT'09-The 6th WSEAS International Conference on HEAT and MASS TRANSFER, Ningbo, China, January 10-12, 2009. * (Bridge)
►Professor Kostic to present a Plenary Lecture: World Energy and Future (Related Reference&), EEESD'08-The 4th IASME/WSEAS International Conference on ENERGY, ENVIRONMENT, ECOSYSTEMS and SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, Algarve, Portugal, June 11-13, 2008.
►Plenary Lecture: Kostic, M., Uniqueness and Universality of Heat Transfer presented at HMT'08-The5th WSEAS International Conference on HEAT and MASS TRANSFER in Acapulco, Mexico, January 25-27, 2008.
►Northern Today (Kudos 1/14/2008; Kudos 4/21/008 and 12/1/08 Kudos) and ME News: CEET's Milivoje M. Kostic to deliver a Plenary Lecture at WSEAS-HMT'08 International Heat Transfer Conference
►ME News (9/12/2007): www.ceet.niu.edu/depts/me/News/newsKostic2.htm
►Northern Today (9/24/2007): Kudos: www.niu.edu/northerntoday/2007/sept24/kudos.shtml
* BACK to KOSTIC Homepage * www.kostic.niu.edu * Usage Policy & © Copyright by M. Kostic
* Office Hrs/Info * Web Goals * Your feed-back/comments are welcomed!
"I do not want to give you a fish, I want to teach you how to fish!"
* Possible Answers to Your Correspondence/Requests ...
Resource Links for Engineering Design and Project Presentation * Physics and Reality by Albert Einstein
News * Seminars/Presentations organized by Kostic * Directions to NIU-EB
A Nanofluids Research Initiative: POLY-nanofluids (Polymer-nanofluids) & DR-nanofluids (Drag-Reduction-nanofluids)
Energy and the Environment
: A Unique Interdisciplinary Course for Everybody
List of my various Handouts including MathCAD and LabVIEW files
Scintillator Extrusion Simulation and Die Design
Showcase2002: Technology for Learning; Showcase2001: Technology for the New Millennium
Modern Experimental Methods with DAQ and LabVIEW - Professional Development Workshop Series
You may run an experiment over the Internet: Art of Signal Sampling and Aliasing:
"What We See is Not What It Is"!
Tips for Learning and Academic Skills Improvement
Some Suggestions for Problem Solving: * [Example]
A Directory of Coursework and Research Using Computer-Based Instrumentation.
Mathcad Files Around the World
Making a direct Internet connection from home to NIU
- All original materials appearing here are Copyright © by Milivoje Kostic, Ph.D., P.E. All rights reserved. Copying, distributing and unauthorized use of this material is not permitted and is ILLEGAL. You are licensed to use this material "as is" from the original web site only, free of charge for academic/educational purposes only, with the stipulation that the authors and institution be fully acknowledged. Materials are used at the sole risk of the user, no warranty of any kind is implied. Non-original copyrighted materials are used with permission or without permission for "fair use" for educational purposes only.
- All activities/transfers/downloads are logged with your host name, user name, times and actions. You do not have to use this web site if you don't agree to obey with this policy. Trespassing, searching for and using the web content which is not explicitly provided by links, hacking and copying of the whole Web site is forbidden and illegal.
- This Web-site is tested to work with MS Internet Explorer. Some issues may be present while using opening/saving different file types (other than html).
- Some Internet Browsers requires "REFRESH," "RELOAD," or similar command to update the web-page from the last log-on.
NOTE: If PDF file appears blank, use <BACK then FORWARD> browser key to display it, or copy PDF file and then display it!
- You always may use your browser's navigation keys (BACK key, FORWARD key, and others) to retrace your browsing.
- You also may use Find function of your browser to quickly search for a text on a Web page (usually under Edit or Search menu).
- To print a table or a figure on a separate page, you may right-click on it and copy or copy-and-paste it in a separate (new) document, for example in Word, and then print it, or select it and print selection.
- Change font size using your browser features to change the size of your viewing page.
- With any software, if in doubt, you may right-click on any item/object and get a context sensitive pop-up menu (for example, to copy etc). If copying on a floppy, be aware that the process may not be finished when the screen activities finish. Memory cashing may require some extra time for the file contents to be copied to the floppy and file closed. Otherwise file may be incomplete/corrupted. You may have to use your FTP software for file transfer if a FTP site is password protected.
- Different file formats: If you can not read a document file it may be in some format other than your viewing software (htm or html). If it is, for example, .mcd file it is in MathCAD format and you need the MathCAD software to view, open and edit it; or you may download free read-only version of specific software (like Acrobat Reader, Word or PPT Viewers, etc., also under similar names for other software). If it is .doc file it may be MS_Word format and a free MS Word Viewer is provided for you. You may copy and install it (by running/double-clicking) on a computer you like to install it on. If it is .pdf file you need to view it using the Adobe Acrobat Reader/Viewer. A PDF link may not open and/or blank screen may appears when PDF Acrobat Reader tries to open within Internet browser (if a PDF file is in secured Web folder user name and password will be required). You may try to open PDF Acrobat Reader and then back to the Web link and open PDF file within the browser (if it works). You may need to change the setting in Acrobat (Edit>Options>Preferences.... ) so that PDF links open in separate new Acrobat window instead within the Internet browser. Be aware that you may need the same or newer version of the application software than the one used to create a file.
- NOTE TO STUDENTS: If a link does not open in its native application, save it as a file with proper extension (*.doc, *.mcd, *.pdf or whatever) on your hard drive or floppy and then open in the corresponding application.
Mathcad Explorer lets you read and interact with Mathcad-based worksheets and electronic books, with the same level of mathematics functionality as the best-selling Mathcad Professional edition.